Forbes released it’s 2010 list of Hollywood’s 10 Most Overpaid Actors, with Will Ferrell topping the list of stars who earn more than they’re worth at the box office.
To compile this list, Forbes looked at what stars earn vs. what their films cost to come up with a return on investment number for each actor. The number represents the total operating income for each star’s last three films divided by the star’s total compensation on those films.
Check who made the list for the top 10 most overpaid actors in Hollywood.
- Will Ferrell – For every $1 Ferrell was paid, his films earned an average $3.35.
- Eddie Murphy – For every $1 Murphy gets paid, his films earn an average $4.45.
- Denzel Washington – For every $1 Washington earned, his films returned an average $5.10.
- Seth Rogen – For every $1 Rogen was paid, his movies earned $6.75.
- Tom Cruise – For every $1 Cruise was paid, his films earned an average $7.20.
- Drew Barrymore – For every $1 Barrymore was paid, her films earned an average $7.45.
- Matt Damon – For every $1 Damon gets paid, his films earn an average $8.30.
- Vince Vaughn – For every $1 Vaughn was paid, his films earned $8.35.
- Adam Sandler – For every $1 Sandler was paid, his films earned an average $8.45.
- Jim Carrey – For every $1 Carrey was paid, his films earned $8.60.
To read the full story visit Forbes.com.