The third episode of NBC’s The Sing-Off season 2 showcased the top six groups and resulted in one more a cappella group being eliminated from the competition.
The show started with a performance by the six groups collectively singing Green Day’s 21 Guns.
All six groups sang twice Monday night – first, a rock song and second, a “guilty pleasure” song.
Here is a list of the rock songs the groups sang:
- The Backbeats – You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi
- Street Corner Symphony – Creep by Radio Head
- Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town – Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- On The Rocks – Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
- Groove for Thought – Changes by David Bowie
- Committed – Every Breath You Take by The Police
And here is a list of the “guilty pleasure” songs the groups sang:
- The Backbeats – Love Shack by The B-52s
- Street Corner Symphony – Come on Eileen by Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town – Easy by The Commodores
- Groove for Thought – You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oats
- On The Rocks – Kyrie by Mr. Mister
- Committed – I Want it That Way by The Backstreet Boys
Nick Lachey then announced that the judges, Ben Folds, Nicole Scherzinger and Shawn Stockman chose Groove for Thought to go home Monday night.
What did you think of the performances and who do you think is going to win this season?
The next episode of The Sing-Off will air on NBC Wednesday, December 15 at 8/7c.